Saturday, June 10, 2017

Life's Accomplishments

Despite the rain, wind, and hail Jared finished cutting down the Juniper hedge in the backyard while the kids brought me all the branches to burn. The side of the house feels so much bigger now. - Mom



I decided to try a straw bale garden this summer. I did a bit of research and then dove in...we will see how our zucchini, strawberries, and watermelon turn out. Gus loves to help me garden, mow the lawn, play soccer, sweep, well he loves to help me do just about everything. Unfortunately when a cat, squirrel, or anything else of interest comes along he jumps the fence to go check them out. Consequently Gus always has to be tethered. I felt bad that he could not roam the yard to explore or hang out with me so I concocted this invention...a chain hooked to a brake disc. Gus can drag the disc around the yard but he cannot jump the fence. I know...I should have this patented. It does have one major flaw. Everything Gus runs into gets demolished. - Mom                                                                                                                                

I dropped our Honda Pilot off at Joy's Auto (the best mom and pop shop in the area) to have some maintenance done. It is only three miles from home so Brennan and I decided to ride our bikes home. Beside the uphill slopes that felt like mountains (I had to get off my bike and walk) and crossing the five lane Hwy 55 it was a very nice leisurely stroll. - Mom



Campbell had the opportunity to drive to Moscow Idaho with Grandma Hogg to visit Aunt Kamille, Eliza, and Wilson Trusty. It also happened to be Eliza's first birthday. Corbin and Ani spent the week days at basketball camp so Brennan needed something fun to do too. Brennan invited Gisele Mayes, Abby and Rachel Wilford to go see "Beauty and Beast" at the Nampa Reel Theater. I think the movie was good but I must admit I dozed off through most of it. The girls chatted and laughed through the whole thing. - Mom

No comments: